Monday, January 28, 2008

Sophia's Solids



I started Sophie on solids three weeks ago because for about a month or so I'd had a feeling that I wasn't producing enough milk for her. She absolutely refuses formula in any form and now we've got her wary of bottles in general and she won't accept them even if they have my milk in them.
So as soon as she was old enough, I got some rice cereal and she loved it! She has now tried oatmeal, green beans, sweet potatoes, peas, and prunes. Every new flavor she accepts eagerly and eats as though she's been starving. In the evening she will eat a full cup (if not more) of baby food and nurse afterwards. I can't believe how much she eats! After I feed her she will lay on the floor and play happily until bedtime, her tummy tight as a drum. She already feels heavier and I am so glad to be relieved of the pressure of being her only source of food.

No comments: